You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.
Home > Admissions > State Education Funding Programs > New Hampshire Education Funding
New Hampshire Education Funding
print icon

New Hampshire


  • Once you have been successfully awarded your New Hampshire ESA scholarship, please contact the Kolbe Registrar to discuss tuition arrangements.
  • "Education Freedom Account" is available to use for Kolbe students that meet the requirements. 
  • Official Program Handbook:
  • N.H. Rev. Stat. § 194–F: 1–12
  • Parent-Student Requirements:
    • You and your student must be New Hampshire residents.
    • Your child must be at least 5 years old and no older than 20 years old and entering Kindergarten – 12th grade.
    • Your family’s income must be at or below 300% of the federal poverty level guidelines shown in the chart below
    • You must complete the application process and sign the EFA agreement, which includes agreeing to share academic accountability documents.
  • Parent Requirements

    • APPLY HERE: 

    • To provide an education for the eligible student in the core knowledge domains that include science, mathematics, language, government, history, health, reading, writing, spelling, the history of the constitutions of New Hampshire and the United States, and an exposure to and appreciation of art and music

    • Not to enroll the eligible student as a full-time student in their resident district public school or in a charter school while participating in the EFA program

    • To provide an annual record of educational attainment by having the student complete one of the following:

      • a nationally standardized norm-referenced achievement test

      • statewide student assessment test
        the maintenance of a portfolio recording student progress managed by a certified teacher or teacher currently teaching in a nonpublic school.

        • Additional details: 

          Maintaining a portfolio including, but not limited to, a log which designates by title the reading materials used; samples of writings, worksheets, workbooks, or creative materials used or developed by the student. The parent shall have a certified teacher or a teacher currently teaching in a nonpublic school, who is selected by the parent, evaluate the student's educational progress upon review of a portfolio and discussion with the parent or student.

          N.H. Rev. Stat. § 194-F:3

    • Permissible use of funds (underlined items are services/items Kolbe offers):
      • Computer hardware, Internet connectivity, or other technological services and devices
      • Textbooks, Curriculum, or other Instructional Materials
      • Educational Therapy
      • Standardized Testing Fees
      • Transportation
      • Tuition/Fees at a Private School
      • Tuition/Fees for Online Learning Programs
      • Tuition/Fees at a Public School Outside of the Student’s Resident District
      • Tuition/Fees for Career or Technical School
      • Tuition/Fees at an Institution of Higher Education
      • Tuition/Fees for Summer Education Programs
      • Specialized Education Programs
      • Tutoring Services
    • Amount: 
      • ~$3,400
      • New Hampshire uses the Class Wallet Portal for the payment options.
      • payouts via ClassWallet
0 out of 0 found this helpful

scroll to top icon