You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.
Home > Academics and Advising > Transcript & Record Request FAQ
Transcript & Record Request FAQ
print icon

Q: How can I get a copy of my official transcript?

We send official transcripts via Parchment. If you need an unofficial transcript or grade record, please email your Family Advisor or [email protected].


Q: Do I need to order a transcript from Parchment for Common App?

If you've selected Kolbe Academy as your school and your Family Advisor as your Counselor, you do not need to place a transcript order to be sent to Common App or any college or university you are applying to using Common App. Your Family Advisor will upload an official transcript as part of your School Report in Common App. Please see our article on Common App and reach out to your Family Advisor if you are unsure about placing a Parchment order. Please note that we will assume orders placed in Parchment without a hold need to be fulfilled immediately.


Q: How do I place an order?

Please review the Parchment Quick Start Guide or the Parchment Ordering Guide attached to the bottom of this article. Or, click here to view Parchment's video walkthrough on ordering a transcript. If you are still having trouble placing an order, please contact Parchment's Customer Service.

Q: Do I need a registration code?

No, you do not.


Q: What email address should I use to create my account?

We strongly recommend using a personal email address for the student. Do not use a Kolbe email account, which cannot be accessed after graduation. Parent/guardian accounts cannot be used to order college transcripts, and they cannot be used to order high school transcripts if the child is over 18.

Q: Can I add more than one child to my parent/guardian account?

You can, but we do not recommend it (see above). If two children attend the same school, the parent/guardian account would need to add that school twice - once for each student. A high school must be associated with each student.

Q: What type of records can I order using Parchment?

  • Transcript: We provide transcripts for high school coursework. Please order transcripts for an inventory of high school courses, grades, and credits. Details on "Final Transcripts" are below.
  • School Profile: Information about our history, accreditation, curricular offerings, and grading system.
  • K-8 Record: For records of coursework prior to high school, please order a K-8 Record. More details on K-8 Records may be found below.
  • Diploma: You can order a copy of your high school diploma. After we process your Graduation Application you will receive a complimentary copy of your diploma and final official transcript by mail. If you need an additional copy of your diploma, you may place a Parchment diploma order. Do not place a diploma order through Parchment if you have not been through the Graduation Application Process.
  • Graduation verification: A letter verifying that you graduated and earned a high school diploma may be provided to graduates to confirm student's name, DOB, and graduation date.
  • Enrollment verification: A letter verifying enrollment may be provided to students currently enrolled in Kolbe Academy. 


Q: How long will it take to process my transcript request?

We typically process transcript requests within a few business days; however, please allow a minimum of 7-14 business days for the processing of all requests. Transcripts ordered through Parchment over the weekend or during holiday breaks will not be processed until our office re-opens. Please keep this in mind as many college application deadlines fall around holidays when our office is closed.

Q: How can I see what my student's transcript looks like?

The grade reports you receive from us are similar in format and the exact same in content as the official transcript. The content in PowerSchool also matches the content on your transcript. You may also preview your transcript in Parchment. Go to: Dashboard > Credentials > Your Transcript. Click the image of your transcript. There is an update button at the bottom of the preview window. Click that to send us a request for the preview to be updated.

Q: My transcript on Parchment is old and outdated. How do I get this fixed?

The transcript on view is not necessarily the most recent version. Click “update” at the bottom of the transcript preview window to request the updated version to be uploaded. Please only do this after you have received an updated grade report and/or online grades have posted. We send out the most recent version, which may not match the version in your preview window if you haven’t updated after changes were made to your transcript.

Q: My grades haven't been updated in PowerSchool yet. Do I need to wait to make a transcript request?

You may order now, but please select "Hold for Grades" in these instances:

❖ Select "Hold for Grades" if online course grades that you want included have not yet posted to your PowerSchool Parent Portal.
❖ Select "Hold for Grades" if you have not received an updated grade report after sending in your student's portfolio & you would like those grades included on a transcript. Transcripts will then be processed after you have received your updated grade report from an advisor.
❖ Please note: Grade reports are processed in the order in which they are received and may take approximately 3 weeks. During high volume times of the year, the turnaround times may be longer. If you have questions about your student's grade report, please contact your advisor.

Q: My college needs my final transcript. How do I get it to them?

A final official transcript has a graduation date on it. Before submitting your Graduation Application, please review the Graduation Application Process. After you've fulfilled all graduation requirements, reviewed and confirmed that your transcript is complete and correct, then you must submit a Graduation Application to us. This will allow us to finalize your transcript by placing a graduation date on it. Your transcript cannot be finalized without a Graduation Application. All final transcript requests are fulfilled via Parchment.

Q: Who should I contact about an error on my transcript?

Please contact your assigned Family Advisor. If you are a graduate, please email [email protected].

Q: How do I send my transcript to a person or place that doesn't come up in Parchment when I use the search bar?

A: You can use the ‘Other Organization’ or ‘Other Individual’ option to manually enter the destination address.


  1. Click the 'Order' button under the credential you would like to order.
  2. Complete the information on the next screen, then click 'Continue' to proceed.
  3. Next, set the delivery destination. If the person or organization you would like to receive your credential does not appear in the search, click 'I'm sending to myself or another individual' under 'OR' to enter custom recipient details.
  • If sending it to yourself, choose that option.
  • If sending it to another individual or organization, choose that option. Enter the recipient information, then click continue. 


Q: How do I check the status of my order?

  1. Log in to
  2. Click Transcripts.
  3. Click Order history.


You can track orders in Parchment by going to orders. There you will see the status of each order placed.

Q: Why is my order on hold?

You should receive an email when the order is placed on hold with the explanation we noted when we placed it on hold. Transcripts are typically placed on hold in instances where we suspect information is missing. Example situations include times when online grades have not posted yet, the graduation date is missing from a transcript going to a college after graduation, etc. However, if you do not place a transcript on hold, we may fulfill the order assuming you do not want it held since you did not select that option. 

Q: Why did you cancel my order?

You should receive a note with an explanation of the reason for cancellation, but there are times when it may not be noted. Duplicate orders are the most common reason for cancellation, especially when we receive a large number of duplicate preview updates. We also cancel preview/self-view orders for K-8 records that we do not have on file. Please reference your order number in your Parchment account before contacting us about a cancelled order, as it is often the case that only a preview was cancelled and not an order going to a destination. To track an order click Transcripts > Order History. There you will see the status of each order placed.

Q: What can I do if I put the wrong destination on my order?

Due to security reasons, there is no way to change the email or mailing address once you have placed an order. If you want to change the destination, Parchment can cancel the order, place a credit on your account, and then you can place a new order with the correct address. If Kolbe has not already fulfilled the order, you may also contact us and we can cancel it.

Q: The status says "Available for Download" but the school didn't receive my electronic transcript. What should I do? 

A: If the status of the order says ‘Available for Download’, this means that your transcript was delivered to the school’s Parchment account, but they have not downloaded it yet. You may contact the school to tell them that your transcript is in their Parchment account, but please consider that many institutions take 1-2 weeks to download transcripts. If some time has passed and you are concerned, you can reach out to the recipient and give them your Document ID to help them locate it. You will find your Document ID on the Order History screen

Q: What does it mean if the status says "Available for Download" but the person I sent my transcript to didn't receive it? 

If you entered an email address as the destination for your transcript, the recipient should have received an email with a link in it to download the transcript. If they didn’t receive the email, it may be in their Spam folder. If they still don’t have it, contact Parchment and they can resend the email.

Q: What does it mean if the status says "Shipped" but my paper transcript didn't reach its destination?

U.S. Mail typically requires up to seven business days for delivery. Parchment will resend the transcript one time free of charge if a reasonable amount of time has passed. Please remember that institutions can take 4-6 weeks to process incoming transcripts and make the necessary entries in their computer systems. During this time, the recipient may not be able to confirm that they received your transcript. Unfortunately, Parchment is only able to track the location of printed transcripts if you have selected FedEx overnight delivery. Please contact Parchment directly for further details or inquiries about paper orders.

Q: What is Parchment?

Parchment is the most widely adopted digital credential service, allowing learners, academic institutions, and employers to request, verify, and share credentials in simple and secure ways. 


Q: How does Parchment help keep my documents secure?

Parchment does not email transcripts/documents. Parchment sends a secure link to the receiver. The receiver must log into his/her Parchment account to download the transcript/documents.

1 out of 2 found this helpful


Parchment_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf Parchment_Ordering_Guide.pdf
scroll to top icon