To assist our returning families stay up to date on our changes to the grade reporting process, please see an outline of all changes:
Changes for All Students
- The "Parent Report Card & Checklist" is now called the "Grade Submission Form & Checklist".
- Non-academic courses, including but not limited to music, art, PE, must be graded with a Pass or Fail grade.
- All grade reporting processes and resources are outlined in our Help Center at https://help.kolbe.org/kb/section/17/
- Self-Paced Plus courses can have their grade reported inside of the Schoology course by the parent at the end of each semester. The primary educator's first step is to locate the "Grade Reporting" folder in your student's Self-Paced Plus course(s) in Schoology (see image below for an example). Complete the assessments in this folder after the corresponding Semester has ended. The assessment will give two options:
- The asynchronous teacher can submit the final semester grade as it appears in the Schoology grade book. In this case, there is no need for the parent to submit anything to their advisor.
- Or, the asynchronous teacher will not submit anything. In this case, the parent or primary educator is responsible for submitting all samples and the grade submission form for this course.
The primary educator will indicate in the assessment which option they prefer. When selecting the first option, the primary educator does not have to submit the course in the grade portfolio. When selecting the second option, the primary educator will need to submit the course's final grade on the grade submission form, if they desire, for the course to be reflected on the student's grade report.
For students taking high school Self-Paced Plus courses and have selected the asynchronous teacher to submit the grade, please ensure the following each semester:
- To earn credit with no designation: any 2 assignments need to be submitted for Self-Paced Plus grading.
- To earn the K designation: 4 papers, midterm and final exam are required to be submitted for Self-Paced Plus grading.
- To earn the H designation: 8 papers and 2 exams are required to be submitted for Self-Paced Plus grading.
- The primary educator will need to be logged into the student's Schoology account to complete these assignments
Specific Changes for K-8 Students
- Description for art, music, and PE non-academic courses has been updated to the following:
- Art: Describe the student's weekly art activity including frequency and duration. Pictures may be submitted in lieu of a written description.
- Music: Describe the student's weekly music activity including frequency and duration. Please note a valid course must include some type of instructional work.
- Physical Education: Describe the student's weekly PE activity including frequency and duration.