Throughout the school year, your teacher will administer quizzes. These quizzes will likely be administered directly through Schoology, and will be represented by the icon below:
Note: Some of the quiz features in this article are optional based on the teacher’s decision. This means that different quizzes will have different features, depending on how the teacher has decided to set up the quiz
The quiz icon will be accompanied by the quiz title and due date.
Once you have clicked on the quiz it will show your current grade, the number of attempts you have left, and a Start New Attempt button, which will allow you to begin the quiz.
Quizzes may be set with different options by your teacher. Features you may (or may not) encounter during a quiz are are listed below.
- Multiple quiz attempts: The number of quiz attempts the teacher has allowed is listed on the quiz’s home page (as shown in the image above).
- Allotted time for quiz completion: If your quiz is timed, you will see a timer to the bottom right side of the browser window once you begin the quiz.
- Question formats: The quiz will consist of one or more different types of questions, such as multiple choice, fill in the blank, true or false, etc.
- The ability to review your questions before submitting your answers: You may be allowed to review all of your answers on a review page before submitting your quiz, as outlined in the section below.
- The ability to see your answers after submitting your answers: You may be allowed to review your answers (but not make changes) after you submit your quiz, as outlined in the section below.
- The ability to see your answers after submitting your answers, along with the correct answers: You may be allowed to see your answers along with the correct answers (showing you which questions you answered incorrectly) after you submit your quiz. This is outlined in the section below.
Your teacher may allow you to review your answers before submitting your quiz. If this is the case, you will see a “Review Answers” button once you’ve answered the questions.
The next page will bring up the quiz’s questions with the answers that you selected.
Once you’ve reviewed and made any edits to your answers, you can submit them for grading. Schoology will ask you to confirm the submission.
Teachers may allow you to review your answers after you’ve submitted a quiz/assessment – you will not be able to edit these answers.
Depending on how the teacher has the answer review set up, you may also be able to see your answers compared with the correct answers, showing you which questions you answered incorrectly (if any). To view your quiz/assessment submission (with or without the correct answers), open the quiz, then click the “View” link to the right side of the page.
Note: Remember, viewing answers after a quiz/assessment is submitted—with correct answers or not—is based on the teacher’s decision; you may not be able to view answers post submission.